If you’re reading this article, chances are you’re one of the people out there who knows how extremely important water is—but unfortunately doesn’t seem to get enough of it. Short of sitting down and chugging several cups of water, what should a person do to intake enough water?
We have six great, easy-to-implement suggestions for how to drink more water:
1. Drink a full glass every time you brush your teeth.
2. Keep a water bottle in the car and in your purse. Make sure it’s a high quality polycarbonate bottle so no chemicals leach into your water from the bottle. Plastic bottles are especially dangerous.
3. Drink a cup of water before each meal. This not only serves to increase your water intake, it also helps limit your food intake. Of course, it’s also best to just drink water with meals. Water is the ultimate beverage regardless of what’s for dinner.
4. Bring a water bottle with you during all workouts. Sip often. It’s best to avoid being thirsty. Thirst is a sign of being dehydrated.
5. Drink water after every time you visit the loo. It’s a simple principle of water in, water out.
6. Dress up your water. Use a straw, squeeze in a lemon wedge, and add your favorite kind of ice. If you love pebble ice, keep it stocked in your freezer. It’s a simple way to make your water seem more appealing.
It’s common for people to dislike water. If you’re one of those people, consider how important water is to a proper-functioning body.
– Aids in digestion.
– Speeds the metabolism.
– Cleanses the blood.
– Regulates hormones.
– Helps keep the kidneys clean and functioning effectively.
– Helps keep skin clear and youthful looking. Reduces the formation of wrinkles.
– Prevents constipation.
– Regulates body temperate.
– And more.
The body is about 90% water, so it’s no surprise that proper water intake can help in each of those ways.
Of course, the quality of water is also important. It’s best to drink purified or natural mineral water. The body needs the minerals, but none of the chlorines and chemicals used to clean and maintain most municipal water sources. If you don’t have access to natural mineral water, it’s best to invest in a high quality water filter.
Make sure to get enough water. You get about 20% of the water necessary through eating a healthy diet. After that, most people need eight to ten glasses of water a day.
The beautiful thing about drinking the appropriate amount of water, is that it will make you feel so much better that you’ll naturally start drinking enough water without thinking about it.
Water is magic that way.